Saturday, October 5, 2013

That step that decides the rest of your life...


...is what I would call University. You are literally stepping into a new world and a new phase in your life. Now, I guess I can't exactly add a lot to the discussion about university, and I can't even imagine what it feels like. But today Gustav heads out to uni and it got me thinking...

When we were little and I was living in London, seeing those high school kids get accepted into colleges all over the world they were so, old. And when friends of mine had siblings who were at college, our reactions were always "wow! they're so old!!" College was adult-life and its funny how things have changed like that. Because now, I'm 19 years old and will be in university by next year (I hope) and I could not feel farther from being an "adult". 

"Being an adult" is pushed forward more and more in time, and I've got a sneaking suspicion that we all just never want to grow up. First its the high schoolers that are adults, then the college kids, then those straight out of uni at their first jobs, then its not until you've got a career or you've gotten married or you have kids...I can't imagine myself being all grown up, and I'm guessing thats what I would call teenage charm.



frolicking around being a kid at Windansea beach, La Jolla CA. Summer of 2011



2 comments:

  1. I started uni this year ad I honestly must agree - I don't feel grown up at all, either!



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its funny isn't it! Every year passes and you think you'll feel older but you don't, I'm hoping that feeling continues my whole life! Good luck at university Laura :)

      Delete