Thursday, November 14, 2013

London Stole My Heart


…and I hope I never get it back!
I just got back from London for a long weekend and I thought I'd start by sharing our first day there. 


Like I said the title of the post, I love London, I lived there for six years and ever since I've left I have wanted to go back. And I have gone back many times to visit, so when my boyfriend moved to Cambridge this fall, I couldn't wait for my first trip there to see a whole new England.


Since he's also "from" London, we spent 2 days in London before heading up to see his new school and home, and life. We did what we always do, walk. We Walked around lovely, lovely London, and like I wrote to my parents while I was gone, "you know you love a city when you still enjoy it while the skies are pouring and your shoes are soaked". We started our day in town with a delicious lunch, but more about that in a different post, and after that we headed across Covent Garden, Leicester Square (forgot how big it is!) and down Piccadilly Circus to get to Regent Street. Now..since both of us are no longer working full-time, neither of us had any money for proper shopping, so we filled the day with window shopping, which wasn't so bad either. 



When the rain really started coming down we ran into the apple store (that gold iPhone is sooooooooooooooooo nice) and decided to head over to Hush as Gustav had read about the amazing little courtyard and alley that was filled with restaurants. As we got closer, I started recognising the place as where we celebrated my friend Grey's birthday a few years back…a very strange coincidence that made me smile from all the memories. We each got a pot of tea to warm up and ended up sitting in the comfortable lounge chairs for a longer time than we had planned…



 After our shoes had partially dried and the rain had partially stopped, we ventured out with one goal: Selfridges. 


My favourite Selfridges, it was as beautiful and fabulous as ever and I can't exactly explain why I like it so much. Maybe because my friends and I used to walk around for hours before eating wagamama's and heading over to a friends house? Or because its just a great department store, either way..




But, Friday the 8th of November was no ordinary Friday at Selfridges, you see the new Louis Vuitton Townhouse was opening with three floors of LV goodies, I wouldn't say I'm a huge fan of the brand, but I do love the history slash modern feel of the brand and its continuous transformation into staying "up to date", I mean after all it started off as a trunk making company in the 1800s, yes, they were amazing but…less than exciting. I had to see the "townhouse" as I loved the concept, but anyways, we only took a quick look, I could ooh and ahh at the bags for hours, but Gustav was getting a little hungry and just wanted sushi… so we hurried along (unfortunately) through the store and headed over to our favourite spot, Yo! Sushi




To celebrate Gustav's 21st we headed over to one of the coolest bars I've ever been too…

2 comments:

  1. London ar bast!! Har bott har i over 13 ar nu :-) och tanker inte flytta tillbaka till Stockholm!
    http://anneliepop.blogg.se

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. åh lucky you Annelie! Jag älskar London och förstår varför du gör det också! ;)

      Delete